Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daily Dinosaur Heads

 Gods. If you have ever felt the heart-rending truth that you will never see a living dinosaur, if you have ever fantasized about chucking it all to live in a natural history museum reading and doing studies of skeletons, or just wandering the desert looking for fossils, track this DVD down now: Dinosaur Drawing: Anatomy and Sketching. It almost brought tears to my eyes. Part of the Gnomon Workshop series, taught by the epically awesome David Krentz. Lovely stuff.

3 comments:

Lucas said...

this is great! what a wonderful topic for a training kit.

Jill said...

Oh man, Triceratops used to be my specialty... I remember when I realized that people actually got paid to draw dinosaurs - almost as excited as when I realized that making cartoons was actually a job. Wish the digital download was a bit cheaper though! But it looks... so... awesome... eeeeeeeh

Ian said...

I too feel the pain of living out of the dinosaur age. Jesse, Ezra, and me all went to the dinosaur exhibit at the Oregon zoo about a week past. It was awful knowing I will never ride a Giganotosaurus. Mike said last tuesday that the blue whale is actually larger and more impressive. Mike, you're an idiot.