Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Feedbag


I'm going to be posting folks' feedback on Arms & Ether here, so I can reflect on it all at once when I start the serious re-design work in the coming weeks. So comment here, or email any and all suggestions. Keep it coming and thanks!

* The easiest one that I tend to appreciate a lot is a "back to the beginning of the series" button. I tend to be the reader who likes to start at the very beginning and see the progression/evolution of the series.
The second idea is purely aesthic. It might be a good way of introducing a newcomer to the site by having the cast of characters(or the "main" characters that appear the most) stationed on the sides of the site(in the very light gray area). The immediate examples that I can think of are Chris Sanders' banner on Kiskaloo and the top banner on the online Maakies. You wouldn't even necessarily need to redraw the characters---you could just pull some of the cast from previously drawn strips and collage them together.

*
I am enjoying the comic (both of them!!!!!!) but the layout is as rough as the dude's delicious garbage is small. The left-sided infobar is distracting, as is the closeness of repetition the A&E logo... Maybe drop all that junk down below? Just peeking out of the bottom of the page?

Φ Run more white space in between title of comic and the border

Φ Center the strip

Φ Be rid of gray background

* One thing I felt funny on was the side bar, I like the slanting, sideways text...but something about their size and position felt funny to me, mabye their placement in the long gray box (shrugs) I dont know, the site is awesome

3 comments:

Andrew Farris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Farris said...

Miles -

I am enjoying the comic (both of them!!!!!!) but the layout is as rough as the dude's delicious garbage is small. The left-sided infobar is distracting, as is the closeness of repetition the A&E logo... Maybe drop all that junk down below? Just peeking out of the bottom of the page?

It's awesome to see you get this busted out, makes a man want to make some comics about another man...


Take Care,
Andrew

(PS, Sometime soon let's go get some booze and be men!!)

Ian said...

I like the strip alot. It's the tits. One thing I felt funny on was the side bar, I like the slanting, sideways text...but something about their size and position felt funny to me, mabye their placement in the long gray box (shrugs) I dont know, the site is awesome