Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Promise Me Son, Not To Do The Things I Done

Oh, I done @#$%'ed up and ordered a billion bidnit cards with a typo on 'em. (Marvellous is NOT the way you spell marvelous, in case anyone was living under that misconception.) I'm a Gambler, and this time I reckon I lost. And uh, sometimes you've got to fight to be a man. And whatever else Kenny Rogers has said over the years. On the up side, the quality of the printing at vistaprint.com was very high. I was pleased and will order corrected cards from them tonight. In the meantime, I'll just use the above image for my business card. Urgh. I probably forgot to take out all of the "liberal arts suck" and "higher education, my ass," passages in my promotion packet as well. By Yog-Sothoth's bubbles, I'll be back though, bigger and better than before!

As a teacher, I'd have to say this qualifies as a "teachable moment." Here's a more tedious and belabored account over on one of my teaching blogs.

On the plus side, I think I finally got my URL to "stick." So try typing in "http://www.armsandether.com" and let me know if it works. Strike that, actually. I'm going to set up some straight up URL hosting. You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.

1 comment:

Jennifer Harlow said...

Apparently I was next on the "typo-hit list." I was hanging my stuff on the wall after days of reviewing it---and about an hour after finishing...I stepped back and noticed the error. Southen Oregon won't be on any map anytime soon. lol