Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reflective n' @#$%

I worked on the web site today putting together the Legends From Camp storyboards and pre-production images. Tedious. A successful artist's blog might read like this: "I worked on my latest commission today. My assistant is putting together the Legends From Camp storyboards and preproduction images." One potential benefit of doing my own dirty work is that I started some honest to god writing about Legends From Camp. Hopefully, I'll come up with something better than these blog blasts.

Goddamnit, that Rudolph Zallinger dinosaur muralat the Yale Peabody Museum is awesome. I'd like to do something a fraction as cool before I keel. Alexis Rockman probably feels the same way. His stuff is good, but there's not a single piece of "fine" art in the past 30 years that holds a candle to Zallinger. The man came, laid down his fierce majesty, and died. You who rocked, we salute you.

No comments: