Friday, September 18, 2009

Dan Clowes

panels excerpted from Dan Clowes, The Happy Fisherman

Read Dan Clowes' stuff again last night. I'd kind of forgotten how good he is. Jeez. Depressing for me, but good for you. Pick up anything of his you can get your hands on. The more the merrier. "The Happy Fisherman" (see image above) changed me forever and is available in the Twentieth Century Eightball collection. He's just pure quality.

On a stupid note, here he is doing a commercial for Apple that is actually pretty damn funny if you are condemned to making comics.

1 comment:

Maurice Burford said...

I think my favorite book of his is "David Boring." Great stuff, but depressing. He's got the most pessimistic view of the world, second only to maybe R. Crumb. That apple commercial kind of creeped me out though.