Monday, December 22, 2008

Yeah, okay, it's pretty much the best show ever


Whew. 5:20 p.m. and just finished the last episode of The Wire. I did a midnight-5:00 a.m. shift for the first 5 episodes and then started back in around 11:00 a.m. today. Dang. If all those police and criminals can stay out all night carrying on, then I should damn well be able to sit up on my couch with a half-rack of Coke and some Doritos, fool. As people with greater critical faculties will tell you, it's one of the best shows ever. If you don't believe me, check out Warren Hedges' Immanent Domain post on The Wire. I'd say, it's right up there with The Golden Girls, and Omar Little is the Wire's Estelle Getty.

Okay, that is a fair amount of television to put down in 17 hours, but you know that's how I do. So I think I'll stagger out of my room and try to talk to a person that's not on a screen.

No comments: