Friday, January 2, 2009

Quaking Before Reality



Feel like crud again, so, I'm going to bed early. Lame. I'm shooting for a Monday launch of Arms and Ether, so, I truly hope I wake up full of POWER tomorrow. A lot needs to happen between now and Monday. Here are some warts and all piece of junk drawings I've done trying to get a handle on how to draw Megaleos, an Arms and Ether character. Check out the horrible arms in the second drawing--withered, yet puffy. They don't fit with the shoulders, they're anatomically incorrect, AND lack gesture, etc. Anyhow, this is an example of the crap I have to do before I can get anything that looks marginally okay. It's painful, because when I set out to do these drawings, I think I'm a better draughtsman than I am. "Okay, this is going to be awesome. Oh my God, it's terrible. I quit." Got to work on my mental game. A bit less ego would be handy.

1 comment:

Jennifer Harlow said...

"Okay, this is going to be awesome. Oh my God, it's terrible. I quit."

That just summed up my entire experience of drawing. Happens about 9.5 out of 10 times. I recommend watching some MST3K--it worked wonders. haha

Good luck with the Monday launch! The comics you shared with me were really great! :)